unilad homepage
unilad homepage
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • World News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Money
    • Sport
    • Travel
  • Music
  • Technology
  • Film and TV
    • News
    • DC Comics
    • Disney
    • Marvel
    • Netflix
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Alec Baldwin insists he did not pull the trigger on the gun that killed movie cinematographer
Home>Celebrity
Published 03:00 17 Aug 2022 GMT+1

Alec Baldwin insists he did not pull the trigger on the gun that killed movie cinematographer

The actor continues to defend himself against the death of Halyna Hutchins.

Rachel Lang

Rachel Lang

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: The Chris Cuomo Project/YouTube. Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.

Topics: Alec Baldwin, Celebrity

Rachel Lang
Rachel Lang

Advert

Advert

Advert

Alec Baldwin has lashed out over the inference that he pulled the trigger of the gun that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of his movie Rust.

Baldwin's comments come shortly after an FBI report on the tragic incident concluded that the trigger on the firearm had to have been pulled.

The Hollywood actor was rehearsing a scene on October 21 last year when a gun he was told was safe to use went off, tragically killing the 42-year-old woman.

Baldwin claims that the faulty gun fired on its own.


Advert

In an interview with American journalist Chris Cuomo on his new YouTube show, The Chris Cuomo Project, Baldwin revealed that he has been frustrated by the media fiasco following the sad incident.

"To focus on one thing - I am not the victim here. Things for me are going to get better, cleared up. I am 1,000 per cent sure," Baldwin told Cuomo.

"Nothing is going to bring this woman back. She's dead. She has a little boy.

"This is the real tragedy."

The 30 Rock star added: "Everything we've said doesn't matter - me, the press. My point is, the real tragedy here is what happened to this woman."

The Hollywood star also said that 'everyone on set knows what happened that day', adding that those making the most noise about the shooting fiasco weren't there and therefore have no idea what happened that day.

"Every single person on the set of the film knows what happened," Baldwin told Cuomo.

Barry King/Alamy.

"The people talking loudest about what happened or speculating about what happened were not on the set of the film — the LA Times, the Hollywood Reporter they talk on and on and on about 'what if this' and 'what if that'.

"They have dined out on this and the thing they have in common is nobody was there."

He then added: "Everyone who was there knows exactly what happened and exactly who is to blame."

A report released in April by the New Mexico's Department's Occupational Health and Safety Bureau (OHSB) ruled that 'firearm safety procedures were not followed on set'.

The report also said that the film production company did not follow national guidelines, which include not bringing live ammunition into a studio, holding daily safety meetings and ensuring that staff ‘refrain from pointing a firearm at anyone’ unless they have consulted an onsite armourer or other safety representative.

Baldwin's attorneys argue that this report exonerates the star from any possible wrongdoing.

Choose your content:

an hour ago
11 hours ago
12 hours ago
  • Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images
    an hour ago

    NASCAR legend Kyle Busch dead at 41 after ‘severe illness’

    The heartbreaking news came just hours after his family had confirmed he had been hospitalised

    Celebrity
  •  Kevin Winter/Getty Images
    11 hours ago

    Chelsea Handler slams Tony Hinchcliffe and Shane Gillis for making 'racist' jokes that should never be made

    The Roast of Kevin Hart continues to make headlines for a series of controversial jokes

    Celebrity
  • Jack Osbourne/Instagram
    12 hours ago

    Jack Osbourne has scathing message to critics claiming he's 'grossly underweight' as he reveals truth about weight loss

    Jack Osbourne shared that he made extreme lifestyle changes after reaching 220 pounds

    Celebrity
  • Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLC
    12 hours ago

    Joe Rogan issues apology to Theo Von after claiming he had a 'breakdown' and would 'take his own life'

    The podcaster has said he 'wasn’t trying to paint him out like he’s damaged'

    Celebrity
  • Alec Baldwin sued for $25m by family of marine killed in Kabul
  • Alec Baldwin slaps protestor’s phone after she asks why he ‘killed that lady’
  • Alec Baldwin posts Halyna Hutchins tribute one year after fatal Rust shooting
  • Alec Baldwin Explains Why He And Hilaria Have So Many Children