unilad homepage
unilad homepage
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • World News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Money
    • Sport
    • Travel
  • Music
  • Technology
  • Film and TV
    • News
    • DC Comics
    • Disney
    • Marvel
    • Netflix
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk's cage fight could happen in Rome's Colosseum
Home>Celebrity>News
Updated 05:54 14 Aug 2023 GMT+1Published 01:18 14 Aug 2023 GMT+1

Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk's cage fight could happen in Rome's Colosseum

UFC boss Dana White has been chatting to Italian officials to have a venue fit for a gladiator.

Keryn Donnelly

Keryn Donnelly

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Instagram/@jeffsainlar/Mark Zuckerberg. Andrea Ronchini/NurPhoto via Getty Images. Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for The Met Museum/Vogue.

Topics: News, Mark Zuckerberg, Elon Musk

Keryn Donnelly
Keryn Donnelly

Advert

Advert

Advert

Dana White had a meeting with Italian officials about holding Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk's cage fight at an incredible location.

The UFC boss made the revelation during an appearance on Mike Tyson's Hotboxin' podcast.

"I actually did have a meeting with the Minister of Culture's team in Italy to actually hold that fight in the Colosseum if it would happen," he said.

"We're talking."

Advert

According to TMZ Sports, administrators from the historic landmark reached out to Zuckerberg's team in June and he put them in touch with White's team.

The Italian Ministry of Culture's office told TMZ Sports there had been 'no formal contract' but conversations had occurred.

This is the full message: pic.twitter.com/UzbKoIkFOc

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) August 13, 2023

On the podcast, White told Tyson everyone in the world wants to see the two tech billionaires go head to head and the fight would bring in more than a billion dollars in revenue.

"Think about how big that fight is, two of the richest, most powerful guys in the f***ing world are gonna fight on the biggest stage ever," he said.

He continued: "Who the f*** doesn't wanna see that fight?? That's the kind of fight your f***ing grandmother would watch that fight.

"Trump would have to fight Putin for a fight to be bigger than that."

Tyson then asked White whether he thinks Musk would have to use performance enhancing drugs to take Zuckerberg on.

“Yeah, I want to see that one, I want to see that. Now, is Elon going to use steroids or something?” he said.

White replied: “No steroids. No steroids allowed, those guys would be drug tested."

Talk of a cage fight between the two tech billionaires began in June when Musk tweeted that he 'would be up for a cage fight' if Zuckerberg was and the Meta boss responded 'send me the location'.

In July, UFC champion Israel Adesanya posted photos of Zuckerberg looking ripped while training with him and his UFC teammate Alex Volkanovski.

Then over the weekend, Musk texted Zuckerberg and suggested they do a 'practise bout' in Zuckerberg's backyard and the Meta CEO told him to let him know when he's ready to do a 'real MMA fight'.

"I think we can all agree Elon isn't serious and it's time to move on," he said on his new social media platform Threads over the weekend.

"I offered a real date. Dana White offered to make this a legit competition for charity.

"Elon won't confirm a date, then says he needs surgery, and now asks to do a practice round in my backyard instead."

He continued: "If Elon ever gets serious about a real date and official event, he knows how to reach me.

"Otherwise, time to move on.

"I'm going to focus on competing with people who take the sport seriously."

Choose your content:

5 hours ago
8 hours ago
9 hours ago
13 hours ago
  •  Lexie Moreland/WWD via Getty Images
    5 hours ago

    Anne Hathaway was 'legally blind' in left eye for a decade after contracting early cataract

    The condition prompted the Devil Wears Prada actress to undergo surgery at 40 to fix the problem

    Celebrity
  • Streeter Lecka/NASCAR via Getty
    8 hours ago

    Dale Earnhardt Jr pays tribute to NASCAR rival Kyle Busch and reflects on their ‘challenging’ relationship

    The two NASCAR drivers were once bitter foes on the track but later reconciled to become good friends

    Celebrity
  • Squamish RCMP
    9 hours ago

    Virgin River actor Stewart McLean believed to be victim of homicide after disappearing from home

    McLean was last seen on May 15 before vanishing entirely

    Celebrity
  • danielspaniels/Instagram
    13 hours ago

    YouTuber Danny Go reveals tragic death of son, 14, after rare disorder led to mouth cancer

    The well-known children's entertainer has announced that his son Isaac passed away yesterday (May 21)

    Celebrity
  • Why Mark Zuckerberg has secret 'bunker' underneath $270,000,000 home amid WW3 fears
  • Mark Zuckerberg calls out Elon Musk for delaying their cage match
  • Elon Musk has started training with Jiu-Jitsu black-belt holder for his cage fight with Mark Zuckerberg
  • Elon Musk and Nicki Minaj's friendship explained after her surprise appearance at SpaceX Starship launch