unilad homepage
unilad homepage
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • World News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Money
    • Sport
    • Travel
  • Music
  • Technology
  • Film and TV
    • News
    • DC Comics
    • Disney
    • Marvel
    • Netflix
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Steve-O was left paralysed from the waist down after major Jackass stunt
Home>Film & TV
Published 16:51 29 Apr 2023 GMT+1

Steve-O was left paralysed from the waist down after major Jackass stunt

The stunt features in the most recent Jackass film, which was released last February

Jess Hardiman

Jess Hardiman

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: YouTube/Steve-O

Topics: Film and TV, Jackass, Steve-O, Bam Margera

Jess Hardiman
Jess Hardiman

Jess is Entertainment Desk Lead at LADbible Group. She graduated from Manchester University with a degree in Film Studies, English Language and Linguistics. You can contact Jess at [email protected].

X

@Jess_Hardiman

Advert

Advert

Advert

Steve-O has revealed a big stunt from Jackass 4 that left him paralysed from the waist down - only momentarily, thankfully.

The fourth Jackass film was released in February last year, and saw most of the old gang back together to inflict a world of pain on themselves and one another.

Ahead of the film's release, Steve-O, 48, admitted he was initially fearful of going in for another round, after it finally dawned on him that one wrong move could end it all.

Advert

The fourth film was released last February.
Paramount

He told GQ: "I thought going into Jackass 4, after everything we’ve been through, and everything we’ve built, all it takes is one stupid f**king accident to just erase it. Just turn it all into a negative. To be like... oh, these f**king dumb assholes. What did you f*cking expect? But we went ahead and f**king did it."

Indeed they did, though not without a bit of pain along the way thanks to stunts including 'scorpion botox' and, um, 'bee genitals'.

But one of the worst for Steve-O was one that saw him paralysed from the waist down in one of the stunts from the movie.

Oh, and it had been on purpose.

He had a doctor paralyse him from the waist down.
YouTube/Steve-O

In a video on his own YouTube Channel, he said: "I might have actually talked a doctor into dressing up as a clown so that he could put a four-inch needle into my spine and inject me with a drug that would paralyze me from the waist down while I was sprinting and before all kinds of terrible s*** happened to me."

Bam Margera was originally fired from the long-awaited sequel after allegedly testing positive for Adderall, in breach of his ‘wellness agreement’.

It was later announced that he would appear in the film, but only briefly.

Earlier this week, 43-year-old Margera surrendered to police after days of being on the run.

An arrest warrant by Pennsylvania State Police was issued after he was accused of punching his brother Jess in the face.

Police said they were called to the home in response to a reported domestic disturbance shortly before 11.00am local time on Sunday (23 April).

After turning himself in, Margera said: "I just got out of the courthouse with my lawyers.

"Everything went great and the false accusations of what my brother says are not true and he will be sued for defamation as well as being evicted from castle bam sooner than later.

"The reason I lost my cool is because I read his phone saying he wants me back in California and he wants to find a way to 302 me. F*** him."

Choose your content:

12 hours ago
15 hours ago
16 hours ago
17 hours ago
  • Photo by Chelsea Guglielmino/Getty Images
    12 hours ago

    Margaret Cho blames Trump and ICE for missing out on major Heated Rivalry role

    Comedian Margaret Cho revealed she was 'scared' of what could happen if she took the hit HBO role

    Film & TV
  • Mark Sennet/Getty Images
    15 hours ago

    90210 star's vital Hollywood role after leaving Beverly Hills

    Gabrielle Carteris was part of the iconic show for a decade

    Film & TV
  • X/@whitehouse
    16 hours ago

    The White House has a suggestion for new James Bond as 007 auditions open

    The Trump Administration posted on social media a mock-up of what the casting could look like

    Film & TV
  • Claire-Lise Havet/Getty Images for Kering
    17 hours ago

    Julianne Moore gets backlash after saying she avoids movies with ‘explosions and guns’

    Hollywood movies have too many 'easy stakes' and explosions, Oscar winner Julianne Moore told the Cannes Film Festival

    Film & TV
  • Steve-O Reveals Why He Was Banned From The Jackass Forever Red Carpet
  • Johnny Knoxville, Steve-O And More Reveal Their Favourite Jackass Moments Of All Time
  • Steve-O marked his 13-year sobriety anniversary with stunning before-and-after photos
  • Steve-O says Bill Maher refused to not smoke pot in interview with him despite sober Jackass star’s request