unilad homepage
unilad homepage
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • World News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Money
    • Sport
    • Travel
  • Music
  • Technology
  • Film and TV
    • News
    • DC Comics
    • Disney
    • Marvel
    • Netflix
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Fugitive who 'faked his own death and fled to UK' claims to be someone else in bizarre interview
Home>News
Updated 11:17 25 Apr 2023 GMT+1Published 11:16 25 Apr 2023 GMT+1

Fugitive who 'faked his own death and fled to UK' claims to be someone else in bizarre interview

Nicholas Alahverdian is wanted by police in the US

Claire Reid

Claire Reid

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: NBC

Topics: US News, Crime

Claire Reid
Claire Reid

Claire is a journalist at UNILAD who, after dossing around for a few years, went to Liverpool John Moores University. She graduated with a degree in Journalism and a whole load of debt. When not writing words in exchange for money she is usually at home watching serial killer documentaries surrounded by cats.

Advert

Advert

Advert

A Rhode Island man who cops claim is a fugitive who faked his own death to flee the US has angrily insisted he’s a British man in a TV interview.

Nicholas Alahverdian - also known as Nicholas Rossi - is wanted by police in the US over allegations of rape and sexual assault and is currently awaiting extradition. You can see his bizarre interview here:

The Dateline interview was filmed in April last year, several months before a Scottish judge ruled he was Alahverdian and sees the fugitive become irate as he tries to claim he is a British man called Arthur Knight.

Advert

In the clip, Alahverdian was sat next to his wife, Miranda Knight - a British national - and told Dateline: “We were once a normal family, but thanks to the media our lives have been interrupted.”

Speaking in a rather confusing accent, he continued: “And we'd like privacy and I would like to go back to being a normal husband, but I can't because I can't breathe, I can't walk.”

He then appeared to try and stand up before falling back down into his chair. When asked by the interviewer if he was putting on a show, he hit back: “That is a low blow, that is a very low blow.”

Nicholas Alahverdian - also known as Nicholas Rossi - is wanted by police in the US.
NBC

Authorities claim that in 2019, Alahverdian told US media that he had late-stage non-Hodgkin lymphoma and only had weeks to live.

In February the following year an online obituary appeared and some news outlets ran with reports of his ‘death’.

Alahverdian was first arrested in October 2021 after he was checked into a hospital in Glasgow with a Covid-19 infection.

He was identified by medical staff and police due to his tattoos, with images of his ink being published on an Interpol red notice.

Alahverdian made several appearances in court in the months that followed, and insisted that he was not the wanted one.

NBC

Bizarrely, he told the court his fingerprints had been tampered with and even claimed that he had been tattooed by staff at the hospital while unconscious so that they could claim he was Alahverdian.

Advocate depute Paul Harvey said at the time: “As a result of the extradition process I’m told that two other women in Utah have come forward with allegations of sexual offences.

“On Friday, October 28 the US Embassy in London issued a diplomatic notice for supplementary extradition requests, requesting the extradition of the person.

“This morning Scottish ministers certified the extradition requests and copies of both extradition requests and the Scottish ministers' certification were served on the requested person by a police constable at the court this morning.”

Choose your content:

29 mins ago
18 hours ago
19 hours ago
  • Andrew Leyden/Getty Images
    29 mins ago

    Gunman killed by Secret Service outside White House identified as Nasire Best

    The 21-year-old was already known to the Secret Service

    News
  • James Gilbert/Getty Images
    18 hours ago

    Kyle Busch's cause of death confirmed as sepsis after NASCAR driver died aged 41

    The family confirmed that Busch died after complications of sepsis progressing from severe pneumonia

    News

    breaking

  • Allen J. Schaben/Los Angeles Times via Getty Images
    19 hours ago

    California toxic chemical leak sparks explosion fears as 40,000 evacuated in 'crisis situation'

    Officials have warned that the tank leak in Orange County may 'spill or explode'

    News
  • Maldives President Press Office
    19 hours ago

    Expert says Maldives diving accident victims were just minutes away from reaching surface

    Finnish rescue diver Sami Paakkarinen has said the group lacked 'basic cave diving equipment'

    News
  • Trump calls for 'demonic' Barack Obama to be 'imprisoned' in bizarre late-night rant
  • Woman shared urgent message to people after someone faked her death on social media
  • Death row inmate appeals murder conviction after hypnotized witness provided testimony
  • Charlie Kirk 'predicted' own death in haunting tweet 11 years ago