• News
  • Film and TV
  • Music
  • Tech
  • Features
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Weird
  • Community
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Magazine articles on Tupac Shakur’s death seized from Las Vegas home in connection with his murder

Home> News> US News

Published 10:21 20 Jul 2023 GMT+1

Magazine articles on Tupac Shakur’s death seized from Las Vegas home in connection with his murder

It's been nearly 30 years since the legendary rapper was gunned down by an unknown attacker

Jess Hardiman

Jess Hardiman

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Magazine articles on the death of Tupac Shakur are among items that have been seized from a Las Vegas home in connection with his murder.

It's been nearly 30 years since the legendary rapper was gunned down by an unknown attacker, but authorities haven't given up their search for justice.

Shakur was killed after a drive-by shooting 22 years ago whilst he drove through Las Vegas with the boss of his record label, Suge Knight.

Advert

At about 11.15pm with the car parked at a red traffic light, a white Cadillac car pulled up alongside and opened fire.

After being hit four times, Shakur was hit four times and later died in hospital of his injuries, although nobody has ever been arrested for the murder.

Tupac Shakur died in 1996.
Bob Berg/Getty Images

Earlier this week, police in Nevada confirmed they have been searching a home in connection with the murder.

They executed a search warrant in the nearby city of Henderson, which is just outside of Las Vegas.

A law enforcement official briefed on the investigation told ABC News that magazine articles about Shakur and his death were among the items seized by police as part of the ongoing homicide investigation.

According to the outlet, the ‘search of the residence is being viewed as a success, according to the official’, but ‘detectives doubt any of the belongings retrieved could present a direct link between the target of the investigation and the drive-by shooting that killed Tupac along the Strip in 1996’.

Other items seized from the property include computers, hard drives and pictures from the 1990s that reportedly show individuals believed to potentially be connected – either directly or indirectly – in the drive-by shooting.

Police in Nevada confirmed they have been searching a home in connection with the murder.
ABC

The official said copies of the book Compton Street Legend by Duane Keith ‘Keffe D’ Davis, who claims he is one of two living eyewitnesses to the shooting, were also seized.

Earlier this week, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department confirmed in a statement that the search was conducted on Monday 17 July in the city of Henderson.

However, the agency did not say whether a suspect has been identified.

According to the Associated Press, Las Vegas police have 'said in the past that the investigation quickly stalled in part because witnesses refused to cooperate'.

Nevada does not have a time limit for prosecuting homicide cases.

Featured Image Credit: Bob Berg/Getty Images/YouTube/CBS Evening News

Topics: Music, Celebrity

Jess Hardiman
Jess Hardiman

Jess is Entertainment Desk Lead at LADbible Group. She graduated from Manchester University with a degree in Film Studies, English Language and Linguistics. You can contact Jess at [email protected].

X

@Jess_Hardiman

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
  • Dia Dipasupil/WireImage via Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Gwyneth Paltrow’s daughter Apple sets the record straight as she responds to 'bully' claims

    Apple Martin has taken to Instagram to dismiss the claims

    Celebrity
  • Getty Images/Nathan Howard
    an hour ago

    'Next-generation' nuclear reactor airlifted across three US states after Trump's executive order

    It comes after the White House promised to provide 'affordable, reliable, safe, and secure energy' to Americans

    News
  • nataliedecker/Instagram
    an hour ago

    NASCAR driver says husband DM'd her when she was still a minor and reveals what he said

    Natalie Decker met her future husband when she was just 14

    News
  • Getty Images/Nathan Howard
    an hour ago

    Trump makes threat to Iran ahead of important nuclear deal talks

    A second round of talks between the US and Iran took place on Tuesday focusing on Tehran's nuclear programme.

    News
  • James Van Der Beek recalled cancer symptom he blamed on coffee before his death aged 48
  • Friend of Liam Payne slams singer's girlfriend's AI tribute post one year on from his tragic death
  • Nick Reiner’s attorney gives update after he’s arrested in connection with murder of director Rob Reiner and wife
  • Mickey Rourke slams 'humiliating' GoFundMe made on his behalf as he faces 'eviction' from home