unilad homepage
unilad homepage
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • World News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Money
    • Sport
    • Travel
  • Music
  • Technology
  • Film and TV
    • News
    • DC Comics
    • Disney
    • Marvel
    • Netflix
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
21-year-old footage footage of Elon Musk outlining his plans for SpaceX leaves people mind-blown
Home>Technology>Space X
Updated 12:23 9 Dec 2024 GMTPublished 14:54 8 Dec 2024 GMT

21-year-old footage footage of Elon Musk outlining his plans for SpaceX leaves people mind-blown

The video was taken of the tech mogul at Stanford University in 2003

Niamh Shackleton

Niamh Shackleton

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Stanford University/Chesnot/Getty

Topics: Space X, Elon Musk, Technology, Business, Science

Niamh Shackleton
Niamh Shackleton

Niamh Shackleton is an experienced journalist for UNILAD, specialising in topics including mental health and showbiz, as well as anything Henry Cavill and cat related. She has previously worked for OK! Magazine, Caters and Kennedy.

X

@niamhshackleton

Advert

Advert

Advert

A 21-year-old video of Elon Musk has emerged online where the tech mogul shared his plans for SpaceX.

Musk founded SpaceX in 2002, and fast forward to today, it has become a leader in the space industry.

It's said to have a value of around $180 million, while Musk himself has a net worth of almost $355 billion - making him the richest man in the world.

Advert

A year after he launched SpaceX, the businessman gave a speech at Stanford University where he outlined his strategic plans for his space company.

While a lot has changed in 20 years, Musk's plans for SpaceX have not.

In the video that's been doing the rounds on Twitter (X) of late - which is now owned by the multibillionaire - a youthful-looking Musk says: "Our approach is really to make this a solid, sound business.

"I predicated the strategic plan on a known market, something that we know for a fact exists, which is the need to put small to medium-sized satellites into orbit."

Elon Musk founded SpaceX in 2002 (Paul Harris/Getty Images)
Elon Musk founded SpaceX in 2002 (Paul Harris/Getty Images)

He continued: "That's what we're going after initially. And then, with that as a revenue base, we will move into the human transportation market.

"The long-term aims of the company are definitely human transportation.

"I think the smart strategy is to first go for cargo delivery, essentially satellite delivery.

"And our eventual upgrade path is to build the successor to Saturn V, build a super-heavy lift vehicle that could be used for setting up a moon base or doing a Mars mission.

"That would be the holy grail objective."

And Musk stood to his plans, recently achieving one of his goals of sending people to space.



21 years ago https://t.co/HVg82XyJcW

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 7, 2024

On September 10 of this year, SpaceX's Falcon 9 rocket was launched into space for a five-day flight.

Billionaire Jared Isaacman went on to become the first person to take part in a private spacewalk, which was documented in 'gorgeous' footage.

Isaacman and the rest of the team on board Falcon 9 were sent up to space to test a new series of slimmer spacesuits, all while marking 'the first time four humans [have been] simultaneously exposed to the vacuum of space' coming out of a capsule with no safety airlock as well.

Adding to the momentous achievement, all four people were civilians rather than trained astronauts for NASA or the military.

Alongside billionaire Isaacman were retired Air Force Lt Col Scott 'Kidd' Poteet, and SpaceX engineers Anna Menon and Sarah Gillis.

  • Hidden hack to claim free Xbox Series S worth $300 before Christmas
  • How Elon Musk will destroy the International Space Station after securing $843,000,000 NASA contract
  • Elon Musk's SpaceX wins $843,000,000 contract to destroy the International Space Station
  • SpaceX secures $256,200,000 NASA mission that could find alien life on nearby moon

Choose your content:

a day ago
2 days ago
  • The Clueless
    a day ago

    Team behind AI model who makes $50k a month insist she's not taking human jobs

    The AI's creators have said all models should 'digitize themselves' in an increasingly digital world

    Technology
  • PA Real Life
    a day ago

    Woman in relationships with 5 different AI bots explains why she believes it's 'healthier' for her

    Richter Nietzsche is yet to introduce her AI companions to her family

    Technology
  • Getty Stock Photo
    a day ago

    AI reveals which three human jobs it would take if it had the choice

    As if putting together a resume, ChatGPT broke down its skills to see where it might succeed

    Technology
  • Rockstar Games
    2 days ago

    Take-Two boss commits to GTA 6 November release despite delay fears

    The latest instalment is still on track for a November release, with an official marketing campaign due to launch in just a few weeks

    Technology